I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Student Essay - The Trip – by Lee Enoch, Year 9, Sayfol International School



The Trip – by Lee Enoch, Year 9, Sayfol International School

All the Year 9 students in our school went on a trip to Australia. Our plane stopped at Indonesia to refuel so we were given four hours to do whatever we wanted at the airport. After four hours, three of my friends and I went to the place where we had promised to meet but none of the others were there and no plane was to be found. I saw a similar plane but I was wrong. There was no plane to take us to Australia. 

We all calmed down and tried to find the plane and the pilot. We looked for the other students for two hours but we couldn’t. At that moment, we saw our suitcases coming towards us. A tall man was carrying it. I took my suitcase and we were all in a panic. Where did our plane go? Why did they leave us? What are we supposed to do now? All bad possibilities crossed my mind.

Ten minutes later, I could see a plane ready to depart. It was our plane! We all ran toward the plane. We had to catch that plane to go to Australia. Right before my eyes, I saw it flying away from us. I wanted to cry at that moment. 

I went to the service counter quickly and asked what plane was next to go. They said there would be a plane in two hours’ time but we did not have any money to buy the tickets. At that moment, I felt really upset so I went to the toilet. At the toilet, I met one of our teachers. She said that she had been looking for us because the departure time had been changed. She bought us some new tickets.

We got the tickets and arrived in Australia. We met our school friends and teachers; we hugged one another.  They were waiting for us at the airport. We promised to enjoy our trip and never lose each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment