I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Student Essay - The Trip – by Eric Kim Dong Uk, Year 7, Fairview International School



The Trip – by Eric Kim Dong Uk, Year 7, Fairview International School

My friends and I were all packed and ready for our trip to Malaysia. I was very excited when I got on the airplane. We were going to stay there for three weeks. As I sat down on the seat, I felt a little nervous because I thought the airplane might crash and kill me and my friends. Fortunately, I managed to stop worrying and as the plane lifted off, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

All of a sudden, I heard a beeping sound and people panicking. I had no idea what was happening and started to worry. I stood up and wanted to ask my friends what had happened. However, I couldn’t see them anywhere. I was starting to get more worried. When I found them, they were panicking too much to even listen to my question. I was going to look for a flight attendant to ask what was happening, but suddenly, everything felt as if it was falling. Then the airplane crashed into the water.

I opened my eyes. I thought I was dead because it was so bright. I could feel my hands and body and then I knew I wasn’t dead. I saw myself lying on a piece of the wing from the plane that was floating on the water, completely shattered. I felt too tired to get up. I felt hungry, lost and just dumbfounded. I looked everywhere and I couldn’t see any of my friends. The more I looked, the hungrier and dizzier I felt. After that, all I saw was pitch black.

I woke up. Instead of continuing to starve, I decided to try to fish. I hoped I could find some fish or anything to eat. The only things I had was a necklace and broken pieces of the airplane. I knew I couldn’t fish like that but I was too hungry. It felt like eternity trying to get something to eat. Then I heard something. I was too hungry to figure out what it was.

I looked up to see what it was. I couldn’t believe it. It was a helicopter! I screamed as loudly as I could. The people in the helicopter lowered a ladder. I got into the helicopter with relief. They gave me some food to eat. I went home safe and happy that I was still breathing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment