I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Student Essay - The Trip – Lim Na Young, Grade 6, ISKL

The Trip – Lim Na Young, Grade 6, ISKL

It was my first trip with my two best friends, Linh and Giska. Almost as soon as we arrived at the jungle, something unexpected took place. We were so shocked we didn’t know what to say. At some point in our trek, we were supposed to turn left but at that time, we were so busy chatting and without looking at where we were going, I turned right instead of left. Suddenly, we realised that we had arrived at the wrong place. My friends blamed me but it was too late. We were lost in the middle of the forest.

I couldn’t believe that this was happening to me on my first trip with my best friends. I’d never gotten lost before. First, we looked around. We had no idea where we were. There were no signposts. There were no footsteps or any sign that anyone had been there before. Soon, the sky was getting darker. “Look over there!” Linh shouted, pointing. Quickly, we looked and saw a small wooden house. We approached it and stopped in front of the gate. There was a big, bold sign saying, ‘WARNING’. It made us more curious.

“I bet we are going to have a fun adventure today,” Giska said.

“How exciting!” I nodded.

Finally, we decided to go in. We jumped over the gate. Step by step, we went closer and closer to the house. We were nervous.

Suddenly, it started to rain very heavily. We rushed into the house. The house was very dark. My friends all hid behind me. We looked into our backpacks and found two flashlights. We could barely see anything. There was a loud crash and we were very scared. We saw a skeleton by the window and stairs leading to the second floor. Soon, it was night. We set up our beds quickly before it became completely dark. Then we slept uncomfortably. Suddenly, I heard a loud noise and the ground shook like an earthquake. I wondered where the sound came from. I got up and turned my flashlight on. I was so irritated by the noise that I couldn’t hold the flashlight properly.

All because of the strange noise, I had to get up in the middle of the night. Surprisingly, my two friends were still deep asleep. I walked bravely towards the noise, not knowing where I was going. I saw a little tunnel. The door of the tunnel had been left ajar. My heart began to pound loudly. I went in and I heard someone calling me to wake up. It was just a dream. I wished I could have seen what was at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment