I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Student Essay - Getting Lost – Thomas Baeck In Weon, Year 8, Sri Utama International School

Getting Lost – Thomas Baeck In Weon, Year 8, Sri Utama International School

I was a 19 year old boy who attended regular school. It was my school vacation so I was planning to go on a trip. After a long discussion, my family and I decide to go to Africa where the animals roam free in the wild. While we packed our things, my father arranged for a guide. After a long ride on the plane, we started driving to the jungle. Unfortunately, we soon lost our way.

There were five of us, including the guide, in the middle of the jungle. Our truck had run out of fuel. We didn’t have much food or water left. We discussed with each other for a solution. We wanted to make an emergency call but our phones were already flat and there was no reception in the jungle anyway. We panicked because even the guide did not know where we were. We tried to calm down but it was difficult. Suddenly, we heard something in the bush. We realised that there were natives living in the jungle. We felt relieved thinking that we would be able to get help. However, the guide was worried because he knew that the natives were cannibals.

The natives had spears in their hands and they surrounded us. They outnumbered us by four to one. We were scared and trembling. We weren’t able to do anything. After walking a few kilometres, we reached their main camp. There were more natives at the camp. They were waiting for the men who had gone out hunting to come back. There were happy to see the men back and immediately started to make a fire. We knew that our end was near and began shedding our last tears. The leader stood up and made a speech. We had no idea what he was saying. After the speech, they got ready to boil us. We were crying and I was really sad that I had to die this way. I closed my eyes and felt a few natives carrying me up. Suddenly, I heard gunfire and I fell to the ground.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw all the natives running away and there were about ten men with guns in their hands. I felt both relieved and curious about our saviours. The guide told me that they were hunters. Fortunately, they saw us and saved us. We felt grateful to the hunters but we weren’t able to show our gratitude. The men took us to the main road and we caught a cab to go back to the hotel.

When I arrived at the hotel, I wrote this experience down in my diary. I felt amazed that I was alive, thanks to the hunters. This was a weird experience but it was adventurous too. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. The next week, at school, I told my friends what had happened. They were shocked to hear my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment