I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Student Essay - Describe a friend – Lee In Jae, Year 9, Sayfol International School

Describe a friend – Lee In Jae, Year 9, Sayfol International School

A friend in need is a friend indeed. Having a good friend influences you and makes you a better person. Have you got a good friend who cares about you? Well, I do and he is great. His name is Benjamin and we have been friends since Primary Frive. Most of my friends are naughty and talkative, like me, but Benjamin is unusual, quiet and smart.

Firstly, Benjamin has an unusual personality which differs from my other friends. He is friendly and kind. Whenever I am sad or irritated, he always comes and cheers me up. Most of the time, I get angry or sad becasue of very small things but he is always there to calm and soothe me. He always thinks about others rather than fulfill his own greed. He is very polite and respectful to his parents. Most parents, including mine, like and trust him. He does not argue or fight with his parents but obeys them. He uses his pocket money on his parents most of the time.

Secondly, Benjamin is as quiet as a mouse. When we are studying together, he is always silent. When I first met him, I thought he was just too sleepy or lazy to talk with others. But I noticed that he barely talks to anyone at school or at home. When we are studying together, I tend to disturb him and he often keeps his mouth shut. Moreover, he always thinks before he speaks and he never beats around the bush. He always has something meaningful to say whenever he opens his mouth. I often like to retort and make fun of others but I wouldn’t dare do it to Benjamin because of his wisdom. Whatever comes out of his mouth is always true. He doesn’t blabbler or waste his time talking nonsense.

Lastly, Benjamin is very quick-witted and smart. He studies hard for his goal in life. Some students have a goal but don’t study hard for it while some students don’t even have a goal at all. In that respect, Benjamin is very special. He doesn’t play with us during weekdays because of his studies and he has a goal which is set so he works hard for it. He likes to teach me about the value of life and morality. Whenever I do bad or wrong things, he stops me and tells me why I shouldn’t be doing them. He taught me how to live like a responsible human being.

In a nutshell, the help of a good friend could change your life completely. Having a good friend is important; as the saying goes, -‘Birds of the same feather flock together.’

No comments:

Post a Comment