I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Friday, February 20, 2009

Student Essay 4 - A Talking Dog - by Esther


Esther
Lee Jee Yoon is a Year 5 student attending Sayfol International School in Kuala Lumpur.

A Talking Dog

"Can I have that dog?" I asked my mother excitedly. That day, she had promised to buy me a dog because I had won the first prize at school. So we went to the pet shop. I was looking at the dogs carefully. That was when I saw a blue-coloured dog. She was so cute that I bought her immediately before anybody else did. I didn’t think that the dog could talk. On the way home, I named the dog "Blue" because of her colour. We played in the car until we reached home. My mom was looking at me happily.

When I reached my house, I went to my room and sat on my bed. I thought the bed made a sound when I sat down. Actually, Blue spoke to me. I was so surprised and scared that I almost shouted. After a while, I asked her how she could talk and she told me that she used to be a normal dog but one day, a strange-looking man came and made her talk. I guessed he must have been a magician. From then on, Blue helped me to do my homework because she was so clever. I was scared that one day my mother would find out about Blue so I told her not to talk when anybody was around. One day, my mother started looking at me with questioning eyes. That day, when I was talking to Blue in my room, I heard a sound outside the room so I opened the door but I couldn't see anyone.

The next day, my mother told me that she had heard Blue talking. So I had to tell her all about Blue - that she was a talking dog. My mother was surprised and shocked to hear the news and told me to sell Blue to the circus! I said, "No!" but after few days, when I came home, I couldn't see Blue anywhere. I searched everywhere but I couldn't see her. At last, I decided to ask my mother. She told me that she had sold her to the circus. I ran all the way to the circus. I told the owner of the circus to give Blue back to me but he would not listen so I ran inside the tent and grabbed Blue and ran out.

When I turned back, I saw the owner following me with his people shouting, "Help!! Thief!" I finally reached home and locked the door. Later, I told my mom cryingly that she should not have sold Blue and she gave me an angry look.

When the circus owner and his people arrived, my mother opened the door and told him that I needed the dog. So the owner told her to give him his money back so my mother did. Luckily, she hadn't used the money yet. I let out a sigh of relief and thanked my mother. She scolded for running to the circus and told me not to go out without her permission again. I was so exhausted I fell asleep with my precious dog on the living room sofa.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment