I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Student Essay - How To Survive In A Chinese School – by You Dae Kyu, Year 9, Sayfol International School



How To Survive In A Chinese School – by You Dae Kyu, Year 9, Sayfol International School

Nowadays, many Malaysian children go to Chinese schools. These schools are very strict. I was in a Chinese school called Lai Meng. I was there for six years and it was very hard for me. So, for six years, I experimented on how to survive. Here are some tips on how to survive in a Chinese school.

Firstly, keep away from the teachers. They will punish you for all sorts of reasons. For example, they might punish you if you haven’t tucked your shirt into your pants or if you have forgotten your belt. Once, I forgot to wear my belt to school. A teacher saw me and hit me with a cane. From that time onwards, I never forgot my belt again. Moreover, teachers might catch you if your hair is too long. You are not allowed to have a stylish hairstyle. If you have long hair, they will always pull your hair.

Secondly, don’t go to the toilet. If you want to wash your hands, you need to hold your breath because of the stink. You need to hold your breath until you come out. You’d also better not look at the floor because sometimes there are faeces and sometimes there is vomit on the floor. You should go to the toilet only when it is very urgent. Don’t think about anything when you go to the toilet. You need to use the toilet as fast as you can. The longer you stay there, the dizzier you will get.

Thirdly, you must do all your homework. Even if you have tonnes of homework, you must do all of it. The teachers will hit you with a cane if you don’t complete your homework. The teachers are very scary. They will send you to the staff room and you will not be able to attend your lesson. I didn’t finish my homework once and the teacher hit me very hard until I bled. She was very angry and she sent me to the principal. I was very embarrassed and I never forgot to do my homework again. If you do all your homework, the teachers will like you even if you are naughty. When you are in trouble, they will protect you from the principal.

I hated my Chinese school but I survived using these methods. You can follow these tips and survive in your school too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment