I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Student Essay - A Lost Child – Muhammad Azmir, 12 years old, Homeschooled

A Lost Child – Muhammad Azmir, 12 years old, Homeschooled

Yesterday, my friend and I went to Wangsa Walk to watch a movie. Before we went there, we asked our parents for permission. Fortunately, our parents agreed. I woke up early and ate my breakfast. Then I asked my mum to drive me to the mall. On the way, my friend called me and asked me where we were supposed to meet. Finally, we agreed to meet at Starbucks Cafe.

When I arrived at the mall, I started looking for my friend. I remembered that we had arranged to meet at Starbucks Cafe so I headed there and saw him waiting for me. “Hi! How are you?” I said to Azzad. While we were walking to the cinema, we saw a child sitting on the floor. He was crying loudly.

I really pitied him. I wanted to help him so I told Azzhad to wait for me at the cinema. Then I went up to the boy and asked him what had happened. He was very afraid. I discovered that he was lost. He was only five years old. I tried to ask him, “When was the last time you saw your mother?” But he just kept quiet.

I decided to bring him to the ‘Lost & Found’ Department. Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Azzhad. I decided not to answer it as I had to take care of the child. We waited at the ‘Lost & Found’ Department for five minutes as everyone was too busy to attend to us. All of a sudden, the boy stopped crying and was very happy because he saw his parents.

His parents thanked me for taking care of their son and they promised that they would be more careful with their son in the future. After five minutes, my phone was ringing again. It was Azzhad. I answered the call and Azzhad started complaining that he had been waiting for a long time. I said to him, “I’m coming.” We entered the cinema and watched the movie joyfully.

2 comments: