I can be contacted at sumay888@hotmail.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Student Essay 2 - My Lucky Day - by Kim Jung Hun


Here is another story - by Kim Jung Hun, Grade 5, International School of Kuala Lumpur.


My Lucky Day


"Ah... What a lovely day and I had a good sleep last night," I said. It was a sunny day. I checked the time to get ready to go to school. I took a big deep breath and felt relaxed. "Ah, just in time," I said as I walked to the bathroom and washed and brushed my teeth slowly. I thought it took only about 10 minutes.

I checked the time again and it was already 7:05. I said, "Oh my god! I'm late for school! I'm dead!" My teacher would send me to the principal, as usual. Then, she would call my mom. My mom would kill me. So I rushed downstairs and ate my breakfast as fast as a gunshot. Suddenly, there was a bus horning madly outside my house. I stuffed my breakfast into my mouth and ran to the bus.

I ran to a seat without looking at anybody. I didn't say, "Hello," to my mates. They greeted me but I ignored them. When I reached my seat, I looked down and saw something strange. I hadn't worn my socks or shoes! I was wearing sandals! I said to myself, "I'm dead!" I wanted to check if it was a dream so I slapped my face and looked at my feet again but I wasn’t dreaming. It was real.

When I reached school, nobody was wearing socks. I said to myself, "They are weird. Maybe they will also get into trouble," I giggled to myself. I went into the classroom. My teacher looked at my sandals but he said nothing. I went to my desk and said, "Good morning!" to my teacher.

The teacher asked me, "What did you wear for Free Socks Day?"

I said, "I wore none. I'm dead!"

"No, today is Free Socks Day," the teacher said.

I felt really lucky, luckier than you can imagine. I went to recess and played soccer. I played better than usual. That day was my luckiest day.



Bookmark and Share

2 comments: